Test Date: Saturday, 9 July, 2011,
Test Time: Immediately following a 9 a.m. class
You will have a happier day, and a more successful test, if you follow these instructions:
- Do laundry and cut your nails two or three days ahead.
- Go to class on Friday night, then go home.
- Set out gi, clothes for going to lunch, weapons, Gatorade, banana, & a protein bar.
- Review your Giant Spreadsheet of Technique Notes.
- Sit quietly and visualize doing your entire test beautifully. Twice.
- Go to bed by 10:00. Set two alarms. Put the iPad down. Sleep.
- Get up at 6:00. As in Out Of Bed. Feet on the floor! Make coffee.
- Eat a big 3-egg and cheese breakfast before doing anything else.
- Put the iPad down.
- Feed critters, shower, get dressed, and leave for the dojo.
- Listen to “Powerful Energy” playlist in the car. Visualize the whole test.
- Eat a banana and a protein bar.
- OK, OK, yes, you may check in on Facebook. Sheesh.
- Be on the mat by 8 a.m.
- Warm up. Stretch. Breathe. Explore the space. Your space. Relax.
- Drink a Gatorade, and refill your water bottle.
- No matter what happens on the way, or in class, focus, breathe.
- Remember your posture, your freedom, your happiness, connection, and the ground.
- Remember that you are well prepared for this.
Bow in with gratitude and joy.