There are over 500 posts here at Grab My Wrist — almost 300,000 words — spanning my 14 years (so far) of Aikido practice, with more on the way as I share my work-in-progress on my upcoming Aikido books.
For New Aikido Students
- Japanese Words in Aikido
- Sensei – What It Means to Have a Teacher
- Thoughts on Learning Aikido:
Your Teacher is Always Right
- Ten Ways to Help Out at the Dojo
- Tips for Weapons Classes
- Weapons Words
- Preparing for Your Aikido Exam
- My Early Reflections on Aikido Training
- FREE Technique Notes Worksheets
- Recommended Aikido Books
Most Recent Posts:
For Advancing Students
- Aikido – It’s a Lot Like… Handwriting?
- How To Learn to Count Out Loud to 31 in Japanese, Under Pressure, and with Distractions
- Words for Weapons Take-Aways: Jo-Dori , Tachi-Dori, and Tanto-Dori
- Ten Tips for Visiting Another Dojo
- How To Go To Aikido Seminars, Camps, and Retreats
- Deshi Dreams & Tetsudai Tips
For Teachers & Dojo Managers
Browse by Topic. Bigger Links = More Posts.
ADHD aiki aiki-retreat aikido for children Aikido to Zanshin audio beginners beginners mind body books bridge 2015 connection COVID-19 disability disaster dojo dojo managment DVDs embodiment equestrian Equipment etiquette evolution evolutionary-aikido exams exercise fire fitness friends gender george leonard gfi goals Granlibakken 2023 guest-posts health health and safety history horsemanship humor inclusivity injuries Interviews japanese words in aikido Joshua Tree learning ledyard ledyard2012 ledyard2014 meditation mental health music nadeau o-sensei Off-The-Mat Aikido personal training photos podcast poetry quo quotations quotes randori reflections rehabilitation relections remote training resources Retreat-2011 retreat2011 Retreat2012 Retreat2013 retreats road trips roll_models ruthless_compassion seminars song strength taking-aikido teachers teaching technique Ten_Things testing tetsudai thoughts tips training Training Outdoors transformation uchi-deshi Ukemi vid videos weapons why aikido writing