If you were to walk up to me after class and ask “Where did you get your gi?” “Do you know of a good place to buy weapons?” “What kind of bokken should I get?” or “Any good books I could read on vacation?” I would tell you what I know from my own experience. That’s all this section is – recommendations based on my own experience.
I do not claim to be unbiased or conduct exhaustive research. I do not buy products to test or review, and nobody sends me stuff for free. I don’t have affiliate links, and don’t get kickbacks. Some of the people I buy from are friends, but I won’t recommend products on that basis alone. I recommend companies that have treated me well, products I use and like, and seminars I enjoy and benefit from. There may be better options out there – this is just what I know and like.
When I know of good product review sites, more complete listing of seminars, etc. I have included links to those.
Now that we’re clear on that, here are my recommendations:
- Aikido Seminars, Camps, and Retreats – Events I’ve personally been to and enjoyed.
- Aikido Books – People, history, training, philosophy, teaching, learning.
Coming soon …
- Aikido Videos – Both good sources in general, and a few specific videos.
- Aikido Training Uniforms – Gi – Emphasis on keiko-gi pants and jackets that are designed to fit women.
- Aikido Training Weapons – We use Iwama-style wooden weapons, so that’s the focus here.
- Aikido Gear & Gifts – Other useful, beautiful, fun stuff.
- Aikido Websites, Online Communities, & Blogs – Worthwhile online reading.